Thursday, April 3, 2014

Domestic Disturbance

This week, out of the blue, our beloved housekeeper of three years told us she is moving to Sao Paulo with her husband. With a kid headed off to college, and my anxiety about having people in my home that didn't come out of my body, I've decided not to hire anyone new. As I was outlining all the chores the kids were going to have to do, I mentioned to Olivia that she would have to start cleaning her own bathroom.

"No, I don't. My bathroom is always clean already!" She chirped.

This should be interesting.

5 comments:

Chelsea said...

We bought a Roomba vacuum from Costco for like $300. And even now, with a child practically trying to jump out of my body, I feel like I keep up on the housework pretty well. If it were me, I'd sign up to do all the floors and then just buy a Roomba.

alex said...

Good luck to you! I hope your willpower is better than ours. We lasted about a month before we gave in and decided to hire someone new after all. :)

alex said...

Good luck to you! I hope your willpower is better than ours. We lasted about a month before we gave in and decided to hire someone new after all. :)

Nomads By Nature said...

I love this! Her response, not you being housekeeperless. That part sucks.

Unknown said...

Hashtag CLOpeople problems