Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day at Monticello

I am pretty much the luckiest mama alive. I woke up to breakfast in bed, homemade cards and gifts, and uninterrupted time reading the Post. Then we all went to Thomas Jefferson's Monticello. Our kids were so well-behaved that our tour guide had the rest of the group clap for them, so I didn't think the day could get better, but it did! Champagne lunch/dinner (lunner?)!



Look on the back of a nickel. Recognize it?

The gardens were by far my favorite.

Vinyard

My other favorite thing. A wine delivery dumbwaiter.
Yum.


Double Yum.

2 comments:

Kim said...

Sounds great. Really. Went to marcies. Then went shopping with her and Kenzie. Kenzie got stuck in a dress. Then went home and made dinner for the fam. Anthony didn't want to eat with me. Then I helped mark clean the kitchen. The best part was shopping with my sissie and niece!

Sarah said...

Love the gardens. love the wine dumb-waiter, love the champagne. It all sounds perfect! And you-- you look great! Happy Mother's Day!