Monday, April 25, 2011

Handshake

We got the official handshake, and we won't be going to India or Laos as we originally thought. They (State)  had us down for New Delhi up until a week ago, and then some things happened, and we are thrilled to be heading tooooooooooo.......






Brasilia, Brazil!

If we can get everything in order (unlikely), we will be heading back to Spokane/Seattle in eight weeks and go straight to post from there. We are all really excited. Jack wasn't too happy at first.  I told him he just didn't know anything about Brazil, and he should go and Google, say, "Brazilian beaches".  He did, and has been grinning and ready to go ever since. 

Meanwhile, I will be tackling  these:
Okay, I won't be reading the Hannah Montana 'Greetings from Brazil', but I will be studying this, so I know what to say when I break my toe again:




PS. If anyone has info on orthodontics in Brasilia I would love to hear from you.

12 comments:

3rd culture children said...

Congratulations on the new assignment!!! i grew up in BSB and I love it! Let me know how things go! Lots of luck!

Bfiles said...

that's so exciting!!! Congratulations! Brazil is my #1 dream right now. So happy for you!

Michelle Manis said...

Fabulous! Can we come visit for Carnival?

I have a friend who is a native of Brazil who is currently living in Mclean. I'd love to introduce you if you're interested.

Jessi said...

congrats! What a relief it must be to know where you are going! Can't wait to follow along on here and here about your adventures.

Lisa said...

Congratulations and happy reading!

Brenda said...

Wow - Congratulations!!! You are going to enjoy Brasilia, I promise. The weather is beautiful every single day, there is little to no traffic, the housing is amazing, and the Embassy community is fantastic. Welcome to post :) Please let me know if I can help you with anything at all. We sponsored a couple last summer and I'd be happy to pass along the information that we shared with them.

Alix Bryant said...

Wow! How exciting for your family. Sounds like we have to squeeze in a few more dinners before the summer!

Jill said...

Hooray hooray hooray!!! Such fabulous news!

Doug said...

Yes! You stay in our hemisphere. Have a great time.

Heather Dray said...

So exciting! I am very happy for all of you!

Jen said...

Well, you know we are way excited for you and this means we must seek out more Indian buffets before you leave!

Claire Vorauer said...

I'm relieved you aren't going to India (New Dehli Belly) or Laos (Dengue Fever). I work with folks stricken with both in the last few weeks. To my knowledge the only thing inflicted on those visiting Brazil are ingrown crotch hairs. Score!!!