Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Tooth

I heard sobbing from behind the girls' closed bedroom door yesterday. I dragged my 'woman-cold'-ed ass out of bed and went in. Olivia was crying because her tooth was "really, really looth". Now, Olivia is terrified of anything but vomit leaving her body. She won't even get a haircut. I'm not kidding. Imagine what poop-training was like. Wait, don't do that. She is also terrified of things that don't belong on her body, like moles, bug bites, scrapes, or ponytails. So, I was trying to comfort her while at the same time trying to gauge if she'd notice if I just yanked the sucker, when Jack walks in to see what the commotion is.

Jack and Olivia have an interesting relationship, which is punctuated by their desire to out-torture each other. However, as soon as Jack sees her vulnerable state, he sits on the other side of her, puts his arm across her shoulders and offers her words of comfort. 

"Don't worry, Olivia. Losing your canine teeth is really good news. It's a sign that your tail is getting ready to grow in."

Isn't he darling? He babysits, you know.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Now I wish I had a kid,so I could fly Jack over to babysit! What an Awesome Big Brother!!

Anonymous said...

Oh Jackie....

Lisa said...

"And then he scratched her behind the ear..." Too funny.

Nomads By Nature said...

Priceless!