Thursday, December 9, 2010

The Rainbow Fish

So, Grace's big acting debut was yesterday.  I could hear her coughing behind the stage curtains, but as soon as she went on, she was flawless. And amazing.  She resumed coughing when it was over, however.  The pics/videos I have didn't turn out great, plus, there are other people's children in them, and I don't feel right about putting them on the internet, but here she is in all her glory (Pay no attention to her red eyes.  I'm on my laptop and don't have editing software installed on here, and I'm too lazy to go down to the desktop):
As we were getting out of the car to go into the auditorium, I heard a horrible thud and looked down in time to see Olivia hit the ground with her forehead.  We checked her out to make sure she was okay, but by the time the play was over she was sporting a pretty big goose-egg:
She didn't want to miss her sister's show, so she sucked it up and went in with us.  It looks classy, no?  Jack told her to tell people she got body-checked during roller derby practice.  I kind of love how excited she was to go see her twin sister performing, with zero desire to perform herself.

In other news, out of curiousity I told my fourteen year-old boy to stop hunching yesterday and measured him.  He's 5'10"!  What the what? He's a hair taller than me.  Also, he got his screen privileges back.  This may or may not have had something to do with the fact that while he was on restrictions, he brought his homework up to the kitchen where I would be fixing dinner and read everything OUT LOUD AND IN A REALLY DRAMATIC VOICE, INCLUDING HIS THOUGHTS ON THE ASSIGNMENT AND HIS OTHER RANDOM THOUGHTS!  They could have used him at Guatanamo Bay, is all I'm sayin'.

1 comment:

Linsey said...

Thanks for the recommendation. At this point, price is not a factor!