Monday, August 30, 2010

Girl Time

The kids and I are thoroughly enjoying being with extended family, but we're all missing Mitch and missing a routine.  Olivia has been breaking down at night, wanting Daddy, and wanting to go home. It's hard to explain that with the Thule on top, our current 'home' is a two-story Ford Expedition.

Today was Girl Day, which consisted of Nana, my sisters, nieces, and daughters, eating lots of carbs, drinking mimosas, having a little jewelry show, playing with makeup, and getting professional pedicures.  It was the first time I've ever been able to convince my girls to let someone besides me touch their feet.  They loved it of course. One husband and one boyfriend also partook of the mimosas and pedis, but only while discussing drag racing so as to keep their balls intact.


Five days until we hit the road.

No comments: